xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] <Type>

This of course raises the question of supporting the <Property> element as a child of <Link>. Seems to make sense, especially considering the OpenID delegation use case (not sure it is still valid but a good example), where such an element will remove the need to define another XML namespace. It is also in line with the HTTP Link header which explicitly allows extensions in the form of key/value pairs.

This model makes XRD truly extensible without the need to extend the schema in every use case I am aware of. And in term of spec change, once we define the element, it is just another line to add it under Link.

Thoughts?

EHL