xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Proposed changes to CD01

On Nov 9, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> * Replace <Type> with <Property type="">
> * Add <Property> as a child element of <Link>
> * Convert the <Link> child elements: URI (href), Rel (rel),
> MediaType (type), and URITemplate (template) into attributes
> * Leave the <Link> child elements: Title and (newly defined)
> Property as elements
> * Clarify <Alias> definition to express that the element does NOT
> extend the subject of the XRD and is only used to describe the
> subject resource
> * Add text to <Subject> to make its design restrictions more explicit
> * Focus link selection on 'rel' with 'type' as a useful hint.
> * Replace text about ignoring links with unknown template syntax
> with instructions to follow the protocol-specific rules on handling
> bad templates
>
> Anything else? Any objections?

I know these have been talked about a bit on both the XRI list and
elsewhere, but I was unaware that a decision was really made by the TC
to move in this direction.  There has been a lot of discussion over
the weekend, continuing the discussions that were begun at IIW, but
I'm not sure we've actually given this enough thought.  I know that I
for one am still trying to find the time to digest all of this and
think through the ramifications.

> Will and I will get going on these changes and should have a new WD
> shortly (assuming there is nothing about OASIS rules preventing us
> from labeling a new draft as a working draft while a CD is being
> reviewed).

Assuming this document[0] is still up to date and authoritative, the
next published version of the spec would be "Committee Draft 01,
Revision 01".  We continue to bump the revision number until we have
another committee vote and publish "Committee Draft 02".

[0]: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/metadata.html#revision

-will