xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Working Draft 12

Some observations on Working Draft 12

1. A *very* minor point is that in the "Introduction" section we never
spell out that this is a, "Extensible Resource Descriptor" format. We just
say, "This document defines XRD, a simple ..." I know the title of the
whole document writes it out. But it just seems to make sense to spell it
out in the document.

2. A typo in 7.1. first line. "consumerif" should be "consumer if"

3. Would it be possible to have an example of an Extended XRD?

4. Would it be more consistent to change the last  sentence in 3.1 from:

    In no case should the meaning of a given URI used as such an identifier
    significantly change, or be used to mean two different things.

   The meaning of a URI used as an identifier SHOULD NOT significantly
change,
    or be used to mean two different things.

5. Under conformance  (section 7) should anything be said about serving up
or consuming an XRDS??? Even if it's something along the lines :

consumer:

     XRDS documents should process the XRD documents as described in
section 4 in element order.

provider:

    If a provider wants to serve up multiple XRD documents, it should use
an XRD Sequence.

---

Nika