xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Working Draft 12

xrds+xml is used in several ways, e.g. in the response from an authority server, or in the old Yadis protocol. In Higgins I once wrote code that uses xrds+xml content negotiation to figure out if a URL points to an XRDS or to an RDF document (semantic web linked data).

But as far as xrd+xml is concerned, yes I think too that even though it is defined in XRI Resolution 2.0, it's only used by the proxy and there's probably no application that really cares.

Markus

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM, John Bradley <jbradley@mac.com> wrote:
The string is used by XRI Resolution 2.0 as a query string parameter not as a media type for content negotiation.

The proxy resolver sets that as the media-type of the response if you ask for a XRD, but I doubt that any application cares.

I suppose the authority servers may set it in there response as well.

Is used in openXRI in any other way?

xrds+xml is only used as a query parameter on the proxy resolver.  and set if the proxy returns a XRDS.

John B.

On 2010-01-19, at 9:05 AM, Markus Sabadello wrote:

Great document, very easy to read and understand; it will be fun to work with this.

In appendix C, is it really right to say this?
"Applications that use this media type: No known applications currently use this media type."

Should it instead say something like this?
"application/xrd+xml is used by XRI Resolution 2.0, whose next version is expected to build on XRD 1.0."

And I think in the TOC the plural of appendix should be appendices

Markus