xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Property, rel comparison

Breno de Medeiros wrote on 2010-01-26:
>> If it's application-specific, then it's not scheme-specific either, it's
>> just application-specific.
>
> Do we really need this level of generality?

I was trying to "interpret" Eran's comments in a precise way, since the
point here is to get the spec done. He said application-specific and that to
me is not the same as a scheme-specific (unless by application we mean "URI
application").

> According to Eran, these are not URIs, but XML namespaces in URI format.

No, they're similar to URIs that identify XML namespaces in that they're
solely identifiers, need not resolve, and can follow the same (trivial)
comparison rules. But no, these are not actually XML namespaces and we
wouldn't reference them as such.

-- Scott