xri message

Subject: Re: OASIS Standard Vote for Extensible Resource Descriptor (XRD)Version 1.0

Hi Drummond,

  Yes, all done. Carol will likely issue a press release; she's been at a show herself and I expect will be contacting the TC shortly!

Mary

From: Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@xdi.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 00:32:29 -0700
To: XRI TC <xri@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>, Will Norris <willnorris@google.com>, Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>

I've been so wrapped up at Internet Identity Workshop this week that it wasn't until the conference closing session today, at which it was announced that XRD 1.0 had passed as an OASIS Standard, that I realized I haven't sent a message to the list with this news. Jamie Clark was also here and personally congratulated us.

I imagine everyone knows by now, but still, I wanted to say thank you and congratulations to everyone who worked on this, and especially to Will and Eran as the editors who did the lions share of the work.

Mary, now what? I.e., what next steps do we need to take to publish the final standards docs, and what other announcements need to be made?

Thanks,

=Drummond (who will still be at the final day of IIW tomorrow and then travelling Friday, so responses may be slow)