xri message

Subject: Registration of media/mime type application/xrd+xml

XRI TC members,

A posting to the XRI TC's comment list [1] mentions
again the matter of application/xrd+xml with IESG/IETF.

Per recent notices in the TC's main list archive [2],
I have taken initial steps to make a registration
request per the online forms and RCF 4288 [3], and
have copied Drummond Reed on the correspondence.

I will coordinate further with Drummond to make a
more detailed report back to the TC on the status
of the request.

- Robin Cover, TC Administration

========= References:

[1] TC comment list posting

http://markmail.org/message/aad5pr3dy5oqgsx2?q=oasis+xri-comment

Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:16:25 +0300
From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
To: xri-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri-comment] 'xri' URI scheme not yet registered

Hi all,

Reading the XRI TC specification and seeing the IANA
registry for URI schemes
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html),
I've noticed that the 'xri' URI scheme, used when
mapping XRIs to URIs/IRIs, isn't yet registered there.
Since there is a claimed use of this scheme name,
I think it is necessary to officially register the
scheme with IETF/IANA.  This might be done via
publishing the Informational RFC. So what's your
opinion?  If you think it is a good idea, I may help
as an editor of an appropriate document.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

[2] recent activity for Registration of application/xrd+xml with IETF

Re: [xri] Re: Registration of application/xrd+xml with IETF
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/201105/msg00002.html

Re: Registration of application/xrd+xml with IETF
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/201105/msg00001.html

Earlier:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/201104/msg00000.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/201104/msg00001.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/201104/msg00002.html

[3] Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html