xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Request for TC review of draft-yevstifeyev-xri-uri-rsrv-00

Yes, I tend to agree, just for registration it should not require any examples.

=Drummond

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com> wrote:
17.08.2011 21:34, Chasen, Les wrote:

I like it.

I’m no expert on RFC for schemes but should it have some examples and instructions on what a user agent should do when presented with an xri: scheme?

Well, I intended it to be "registration template and nothing more", ie. the purpose of this draft was intended to be "reserving the 'xri' scheme".  Considered this, I don't believe this may be necessary.

Mykyta

- Les

From: drummond.reed@gmail.com [mailto:drummond.reed@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Drummond Reed
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 1:52 AM
To: XRI TC
Cc: MyKyta Yevstifeyev

XRI TC Members:

Ironic, but I have received two inquiries about the status of the XRI specs in the last two days even though it is August and many OASIS TCs (such as the XDI TC) are on a break this month.

In any case, the email below is from a Ukraine-based author who has voluntarily drafted an IANA registration of the "xri:" scheme for XRI 2.0, even if the scheme is registered as 'provisional'.

Please review it and send any comments to the list. I told him we'd try to get back to him in early September.

Enjoy your vacations,

=Drummond