xri message

Subject: Re: openxrd.org domain

Hey Will,

Good to hear from you, and thanks for thinking about us..

In the XRI/XDI world, we are using either the old XRDS format for discovery (which is implemented by OpenXRI), or the more state-of-the-art XDI discovery. We have never used XRD for XRI/XDI and most likely won't.

XRD is still in use in other communities (e.g. Webfinger), but I don't think there's much need for a dedicated XRD library.

So, my proposal is to just let the domain expire, but again thanks for asking :)

all the best,
Markus