xri message

Subject: RE: [External] Re: [xri] XRI TC Members: Proposal to close the XRI TC

+1

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
Booz Allen Hamilton - Belcamp,MD
Cell: 1-443-924-0824

From: xri@lists.oasis-open.org [xri@lists.oasis-open.org] on behalf of Joseph Boyle [planetwork@josephboyle.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:16 PM
To: Will Norris
Cc: Chasen, Les; Markus Sabadello; Drummond Reed; XRI TC; Davis, Peter; Chet Ensign

+1
On Aug 27, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Will Norris <willnorris@google.com> wrote:

+1

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Chasen, Les <les.chasen@neustar.biz> wrote:
+1

On Aug 27, 2013, at 3:05 AM, "Markus Sabadello" <markus.sabadello@xdi.org> wrote:

I think this makes sense, let's proceed as proposed.

Markus

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@xdi.org> wrote:
XRI TC Members,

After approximately two years of inactivity, during which time virtually all the work on XRI has migrated to the OASIS XDI Technical Committee, our TC Administrator Chet Ensign contacted Peter and I to ask if it is time to formally close the XRI TC.

I had a call with Chet last Thursday to discuss it. Chet said that if the only continuing work on what were the XRI specifications is now going on at the XDI TC, and if there is no other work that the XRI TC plans to continue (such as the work on XRD), then he recommends that the TC hold an electronic ballot to close the TC and contribute the work to the XDI TC.

I agreed with him, and volunteered to start the process. On last Friday's XDI TC telecon, I held a discussion with the XDI TC members, and they unanimously agreed they would accept the XRI work if it was contributed to the XDI TC.

So the next step is to see if there is rough consensus among the XRI TC members to close the TC and contribute the work to the XDI TC.

Please reply to this email with your thoughts -- in particular if you do NOT support closing the TC and contributing the work to the XDI TC. (Silence will be taken as assent.)

If there is rough consensus, Chet will then instruct us with the ballot language we will need for a formal vote.

Thanks,

=Drummond