Subject: Welcome and First orders of business

Welcome to the XSLT Conformance mail list!

Thanks to Norm Walsh for clearing up the OASIS mail list issues, we can
begin.  There isn't a link to the archive for this list yet, but I'm told
the archive is being created, so when the link is there what we discuss now
will be visible.  Note that due to server load at OASIS we can expect about
a 1-hour latency as evidenced by my test message this morning.

As a new member of the OASIS Process Advisory Committee, I've been learning
a lot about proposed Technical Committee process.  *Everything* we do is to
be publicly visible.  All email to the list will be publicly archived.  The
old private web page for XSLT conformance will be shut down and a public
one opened up.

Until the new processes are documented and agreed upon by the board, all
technical committees run by Roberts Rules of Order (many of the new
processes are also based on RROR as well ... Jon Bosak (chair of the PAC)
has posted a ZIP of the public domain 1915 version at
http://metalab.unc.edu/bosak/rror/rror.zip for anyone interested in the
process).

I confess to be learning a lot about such process and will try my best to
keep within the rules as required by the OASIS Board.

The interim process until the new processes are passed is documented at:

    http://www.xml.org/archives/workprocess/msg00123.html

We've done steps 1 and 2 and we are up to step 3, the Call for
Nominations.  There is a typo in step 4, it should read "call for
nominations has elapsed".

Under separate cover I will post things we have to work on to prepare the
Call for Nominations.  This is an important step as we determine the
parameters of the Technical Committee membership.  Note that Technical
Committee members can attend formal meetings and vote, OASIS members can
participate in the mail list, and the general public can view the mail list
archive.

Thanks everyone ... let the fun begin!

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com