Subject: Re: Ideas for XSLT/Xpath Test Suite

At 9 Jun 2000 15:14 -0400, Carmelo Montanez wrote:
 >     Specifications file - I propose a file with the following format (pseudo -code)
 >
 >             <TEST specifications = "XSLT or XPATH" category = "Test
 >                        category" set_switches = "YES or NO">
 >                  <TEST_NAME>submitterX/.../testName.xsl</TEST_NAME>
 >                  <TEST_INPUT>submitterX/.../inputFile.xml/</TEST_INPUT>
 >                  <SPECS_SECTION>x.yy</SPECS_SECTION>
 >                  <DESCRIPTION>Test description</TEST_DESCRIPTION>
 >                  <EXPECTED_RESULTS>submittorX/.../results.html(or .out?)
 >                  </EXPECTED_RESULTS>
 >                  </REMARKS>Any special remarks? or "N/A"</REMARKS>
 >             </TEST>
 >              set_switches - A "YES" or "NO" value that indicates
 >              whether or not this test is prone to produce more than
 >              one behavior, i.e. this test may be removed during
 >              toggling.

Since there's many instances of alternative behaviour defined in the
XSLT Recommendation, just "YES" or "NO" doesn't give you enough
information to know when to include the test and when not to include
it.

Perhaps an early activity should be to find where alternative
behaviour is allowed and identify each of the alternatives?  We will
then have names for some of the information that goes into the markup
and/or data in the catalogue instances and rendition control
instances.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632