Subject: Boston XML World conference and our meeting - NEED REPLY from eachmember

I just got off the phone with my liaison at Interdoc, organizers of XML
World. We are set for a public discussion of our project on September 6th,
that's a Wednesday night. I said we should schedule it for 7:00-8:30 PM,
but that I would double-check with the rest of the committee. I still
haven't heard from anyone with any time constraints you have for our
meeting at Lotus that morning, and I need to know that, too. The formal
stuff ends at 4:30 that day, then there's a reception that ends at 6:00. We
could start right at 6:00, but I think we'd lose some audience if we did.

As I said last time, the conference web site:
http://www.xmlworld.org/welcome.htm
If you click on the "Registration" item, you'll see how you can sign up for
a free (before 21 August) exhibits-only pass. They also have a one-day
conference registration for those who want to attend sessions during a
quick trip. As you can see under the "Conference" link, the morning meeting
for us will overlap an all-keynote morning featuring Tim Berners-Lee.

While they will attempt to allow anyone to attend our evening session, it
will be in the area that supposedly is limited to conference-attender
badges. I would urge all the committee members to get at least the free
exhibits badge if you have the slightest likelihood of being there, just in
case we have some snafu where the badge-less people are excluded. In other
words, the guards on duty might not have been told to allow everybody, but
they might allow exhibits badges at that time of day.

Here are some things they want to know:
1. Will we need any audio-visual equipment?
2. How big an audience do we expect? We are tentatively in a room that
seats 30.
3. Do we have or would we make any signs for the foyer? (Ken: any old XML
Conformance Committee signs?)

They also want us to mention the conference where we can. As a committee,
we could say something about it on our Web page ("your chance to talk to
the committee in person"). They are in touch with OASIS headquarters about
other tie-ins.

COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Please respond to me by email with your plans, time
constraints if any, opinions about the time slot for the public session,
and answers to questions 1-3 above. PLEASE RESPOND BY END-OF-DAY WEDNESDAY,
2 AUGUST.

LIST LURKERS: I'd be curious to know if you (A) will attend the conference
and (B) come to our public session. We can get a large room if advance
demand indicates that we need it.

Which reminds me: once I confirm the time slot with Interdoc, the session
will be shown in the conference schedule on their Web site.
.................David Marston       David_Marston@lotus.com