Subject: Tin Man Design Question 9 - to vote Jan. 9th?

Here is one of the issues identified in my message titled
"Test Case Markup & Cataloging, Tin Man edition" that I sent
to this list on 12/1/2000:
9. Do we want to collapse standard output and standard error
together?

DISCUSSION:
The spec doesn't seem to recognize where "console output"
goes. The "compare" attribute of the Scenario element can be
simpler if we don't recognize standard output and standard
error as distinct. Those representing the test-lab interests
should speak up if you think there is a need to keep the two
separate. If separate, the output comparison for messages
would insist on getting the required message through the
specified channel.

This design assumes that we can devise a reasonable way to
deal with messages. I think that we can get at least part of
the way to reasonable. I can expound on that idea at the
meeting, if you wish.

Ultimately, this would be a "lump or separate" vote.
.................David Marston