Subject: Re: Questions on the Submission and Review Policies

I'm skipping questions where I have nothing to add.

1. Submission Policy (bullets with questions)
[Q: What suggestions do you have for an introductory paragraph?
A: In addition to what Ken and Lynda said: We are working toward thorough
coverage by accumulating tests, rather than reading the specs over and
over and trying to generate a complete checklist.

The following ideas were captured regarding submission process and
practice:

  - prefer atomic tests for 1.0
[Q: What are atomic tests?  Who prefers them?  Prefers them to what?
A: Ideally, an atomic test checks just one assertion of the spec. It may
require other functionality to set up the circumstances of the assertion,
but in an assembled suite, the dependent functionality can be treated as
other atoms in other tests. The Committee is preferring. The other end of
the scale is the Mozilla test: one big test that touches everything.

Q: What does 1.0 refer to?  The test suite?  Is this defined?