Subject: uniform review standards

Here is the contribution on review procedures -- the SVG WG experience with
test case review...

In assembling the initial SVG BE test suite, various WG members volunteered
for various batches of tests to review.  I (review coordinator, as well as
reviewer) quickly found that different reviewers' thoroughness and review
criteria varied wildly.

I therefore put together a minimal review checklist  -- see

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/svgTest-manual.htm#TestReviewGuidelines --

enumerating what every reviewer should minimally consider when reviewing a
test.  You will notice some important missing stuff (e.g., spec
references), but it gives the general idea. This is similar to section 3 of
Chris's current review policy document (review-policy-v2.txt is the latest
version I have found).

One WG member (Vincent Hardy) went further and wrote some ECMAscript,
embedded in an SVG file, which generated a graphical checklist for his
assigned test cases (the form is meant for printing and pencil checking,
but one could imagine an interactive HTML form as well).  If you have a SVG
viewer plugin, you can see his handiwork (the .SVG attachment).  If you
don't have a SVG viewer, I have attached a PNG screenshot of a
IE5.5/Adobe-plugin rendering.

Regards,
-Lofton.

beReviewChecklist.svg