Subject: Status report on packaging the pilot release

I anticipate that our Call For Submissions will tell the potential
submitters to download a ZIP file from our Web site. They could download
from section 3.3 of our Committee page, or we could put something
flashier up there. Once they unZIP it, we should plan on them reading
README.txt as the first action, then reading other files as directed
and as pertinent to their role and interest. All files should be in the
ZIP, so that it is not necessary to surf to the OASIS website for any
piece of it.

We need each "documentation" file to have a fixed name so that those
names can be mentioned in the README file. We should be consistent about
use of "htm" or "html" as an extension for those documents that are in
HTML. All the other XMLs, DTDs, stylesheets, etc. are already being
packaged in the prototypes.

Below is a report of the documentation files and their status. Files
are listed in somewhat-logical order. After the set aimed at Submitters,
group A is for those who want more information about the generic testing
framework, group B is for XSLT developers, and group C is mainly aimed
at Test Labs.

1. Manifest and overview - README.txt

2. Submission Policy - submission-policy.html
to review references to other files on this list.)

3. Submission Procedure - name???

4. Review Policy - review-policy.html
Also need to clean up references to other files on this list.

5. Catalog of Discretion - xsltdisc.htm[l]
impacts at the questionnaire level.

6. Cataloging Tips - xsltcfg.htm[l]
forestall people having to try to read both collcat.dtd and xsltcfg.xml and
trying to make sense of them. It probably should point to testcat.xml (name
to change?) as an example (both good and bad) of what we expect from
submitters.

7. Full Catalog Narrative - steelman.html
wondering about some details of catalog data.

A1. Explanation of our test system - name???
(BEN: you may want to grab some text from collcat.dtd and other DTDs.)

A2. Explanation of citations - citation.dtd
explanation of what we are trying to do with our citation data.

B1. Developer questionnaire - xsltq.xml
to change to xsltq.html

C1. Test Lab Guidelines - name???

The above are the files that we would treat as readable, other than the
examples of data and batch files. Remember to send your
drafts to me.
.................David Marston