Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance] Human-Readable Report

At 2002-03-14 17:11 -0500, Carmelo wrote:
>     1) I am not sure how to build Xpointer Links (and not
>        sure if supported by browsers).  So since we only have
>        number tests, I used just the section (7.7).  If anyone
>        know how to build Xpointer links, please do let me know.

I think the closest you can get is using the closest id() which would be
awkward to get out of the XPointer.

One of the pointer types is "anchor" and I was anticipating it would be
that kind of pointer that would be used in the human report.  If that kind
of pointer isn't available for a test, perhaps just show the XPointer in
clear text?

>        Also a lot of the tests have multiple Xpointer links on it.
>        Should all of those appear on the report?

No, I think the human report should just get the "anchor"-typed pointers.

>   2) This report pull data from the catalogue file and from a
>       file named "documentation", which is also attached.
>       The "documentation" file contains everything else that
>       is not raw data.   Was that the documentation instance
>       you referred to on one of your e-mails Ken?

Yes.

>  3) I am assuming that the tests contained in the prototype 10
>      examples are the latest ones.  Is that a correct assumption?

Yes.

>  4) Should anything be added/changed in this report?

[a few editorial notes were sent off-line to Carmelo]

>  5) As far as I understand, a "machine-readable-report" is just the very raw
>      data (test data as submitted by contributors).  Am I correct?, or
>should the
>      documentation be a part of that?

Interesting question.  I guess it depends on what the lab wants to do with
the machine readable report.

My gut feel is that it should be the entire suite with only the
inapplicable tests removed from the catalogue.

Any comments from anyone else?

Thanks, Carmelo!

................... Ken

--
Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
-       : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                        Definitive XSLT & XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1               Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:   2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
-                                06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31