Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance] Rendition Instance

Carmelo asks:
>while validating the submitted discretionary items ...
>1)  Do ALL discretionary items need to be addressed on the
>submission?

I'd say "No, but if they omit an answer, they do so at their
own peril." That's because we apply every test to every
processor unless we know to exclude it. For discretionary
items, this means:
The processor has a particular behavior on a particular item,
the test case requires a different behavior on the same item,
for any one item on the list. When a test case needs a certain
behavior on more than one discretionary, a mismatch on just one
is sufficient to exclude the test. But if we don't know the
processor's behavior, we can't detect a mismatch.
................David Marston