Subject: Minutes for April Teleconference

OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Voting Member Meeting

Minutes for April meeting -- 10 April 2003 (via teleconference) at 2:00pm EDT

Roll call
      Voting members:
        Lofton Henderson
        Pranav Kandula, Microsoft Corporation
        Jeff Kenton, DataPower Technology
        Carmelo Montanez, NIST
        Zarella Rendon, Individual Member
      Observers:
        Jody Narel, LMI

Agenda items
    - New OASIS TC web site
      * Our new web site is up and running
      * The Prototype Test Suite is available to the public
      * The Xalan and Microsoft tests, with their catalogs, are available to committee members
    - Test Suite
      * Catalog(s)
         We decided to use the catalogs we have from Xalan and Microsoft in their currents forms,
         even though they have different structures.
      * Test Validation
         We voted (5 to 0) not to validate the tests.  Several committee members expressed reservations
         about this decision, but nobody had the resources available to do the work required.  It was also
         observed that we have an official challenge procedure for tests the public feels are inaccurate.
      * Canonicalization of results
         We decided to accept an offer by DataPower to include their canonicalization programs for XML
         and HTML (in source code form) with the final test suite, despite some known shortcomings.

Action items for next meeting
     - Jeff will package up the whole test suite and put it on the web site

Next meeting date
     - May 22 at 2pm was proposed

Acknowledgements
    Thanks to Carmelo / NIST for providing the phones