Subject: Re: XSLT conformance suite: how alive is it?

Your message came through to me, indicating that it was addressed to
xslt-conformance-comment, but it's the first entry I've seen on that
list for several months. If you sent me a list of some dates and
subject lines of other items you've sent to that list, I could try to
see if any got dropped.

In this reply, I'll concentrate on your issues that might apply to the
mechanics of our lists and web pages. Note that the OASIS webmaster is
getting a copy of this reply. There may have been some problems when
OASIS groups were switched to the Kavi system a few months ago.

>It's not clear if you're getting my e-mails and ignoring them,
>whether for time constraints or other reasons, or whether they're simply
>not getting thorugh to you. It's possible something in your system is
>rejecting comments before you see them.

I suspect the "not getting through" scenario. I just quickly reviewed
some of the emails from you that I've saved for whatever reason, and they
are addressed to xalan-dev, other Apache lists, etc., but I didn't find
any to OASIS lists, which I would have saved if they pertained to XSLT
conformance measurement.

>1. The link to the list archive from
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xslt
>is incorrect
>2. The link to the comments archive from
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xslt
>is incorrect

This is one of the things that Kavi is supposed to handle for us. As TC
members, we see the page differently, but I try to look at the "general
public" rendition every so often. We also have concerns about how to put
out a stable URI for pages that contain stable documents. These are part
of a family of URI/linkage issues that apply OASIS-wide.

Webmaster: can you fix the links?

>3. The minutes on http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xslt/minutes.php
>have not been updated for a year and half, though I can see from the
>list archives (found only via google) that there have been minutes in
>that time period.

This is a clunky interface in Kavi, or at least in the way OASIS uses it.
The TC has indeed been meeting nearly every month and mailing out minutes
to the list. Fixing the list archive link ranks higher than going through
the special steps to migrate the minutes. I have a to-do for my piece of
the migration of the old minutes.

>4. The comments list does not appear to have been updated since March
>2003, though I know I've sent comments in myself since then. Perhaps the
>comment form is not working?

Quite likely it's not. From my POV, I wouldn't be surprised if 3/2003 is
the last time I got an email addressed to that list (and AFAIK I've been
subscribed all along) up until today.

Webmaster: can you corroborate this or provide clues?

The TC is working on XSLT 2.0 and, much like the XSL WG itself, piling up
items for 1.0 review. We could benefit from more participation, and I'm
sorry that your recent experience might discourage you from giving input,
let alone joining the TC or contributing in other ways. I'll have more to
say on this subject later. For now, I'm hoping that the OASIS staff can
help with the mechanical issues.
.................David Marston