xspa message

Subject: Note from call on May 28, 2019

**Attendance:

Kathleen Connor (VHA)

Mohammad Jafari, co-chair (VHA)

Chris Shawn, co-chair (VHA)

Mohammad: we do NOT have quorum, but we can have a conversation and send the notes to the mailing list.

Chris: What's the next step for moving the committee draft to OASIS standard, and what is to be lost if the specification stays at the committee specification level?

Mohammad: Full OASIS standard status will bring the specification into the attention of a broader audience and firmer standard status. We will need three statements of use by vendors to declare that they have successfully implemented and used the new version in order to move forward and submit as candidate OASIS standard.

Kathleen and Chris suggested promoting XSPA to a number of other venues including the HL7 Security Working Group, IHE and others.