actc message

Subject: Regrep change of chair

At the Paris meeting of the Regrep TC, I resigned as
chair (but not from the committee), and Lisa Carnahan
was elected chair pro tem.  We did not vote to recommend
that the Board appoint her as chair, so as to let the ACTC
decide what to do.  It is certainly the sense of the
committee that we want Lisa to be chair henceforth, and
Lisa and I will operate on the assumption that her
pro-temness persists after the adjournment of the Paris
meeting.

Eduardo and I have kicked this around a bit, and I think
we agree that the ACTC doesn't have the authority to
appoint Lisa chair, but can recommend to the Board that
it do so.

I believe we also need a motion and vote on this item.
As the TC can proceed smoothly ad interim, there isn't
great urgency.

regards, Terry