acxo message

Subject: IPR needs categorization

Resend:

---------------------- Forwarded by Robert S Sutor/Watson/IBM on 10/27/99 12:01
PM ---------------------------

Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net> on 10/18/99 02:14:56 PM

Please respond to xmlorg@lists.oasis-open.org

To:   xmlorg@oasis-open.org
cc:

At our meeting we barely had time to discover how deeply we
disagree about IPR; some of this disagreement is clearly due
to inadequate grounding of the discussion.  So here's a bit of
grounding.

What do we need IPR for?

 - textual contents of XML.org site
 - software created by XML.org/OASIS aside from DTDs, schemas
 - DTDs, schemas created by XML.org/OASIS
 - contents of repository
 - third-party information, such as user reviews
 - DTDs, schemas created as part of ebXML activity

These various categories may require different IPR solutions.

regards, Terry

Terry Allen
Advanced Technology Group
Commerce One, Inc.