acxo message

Subject: RE: We don't need to do XML.org after all

Jon,

I've been talking with Vernon over the past several weeks. He is
interested in forming a working group (possibly a consortium) focused on
XML applications for ecommerce (specifically: auctions, large financial
transactions, etc.) under the OASIS umbrella.

About mid-way through this letter, he refers to XML.org.

He has told me that he has secured a high degree of support for this
concept from his constituency. Potential participants include Tradex,
OpenMarket, Netscape, BroadVision, Trading Dynamics, and several
retailers.

Regards,
Laura