acxo message

Subject: RE: XML.ORG Advisory Committee

I am sorry to have to follow up on this but...

We have been trying in ebXML and in our own company to get Microsoft to work
more cooperatively with us on XML standards initiatives, but they've been
telling us and everyone else that xml.org and ebXML, where Commerce One has
put a stake in the ground, are dominated by IBM so they aren't interested.
I don't think that the OASIS board should tell the paying sponsors of
xml.org who their chairman is, and the fact that IBM is treating the
chairmanship as something  it can pass down a line of succession makes it
difficult to refute Microsoft's dogma -- the only reason that Michael was
acting in the capacity of chairman was because IBM had done exactly that.
We have to be concerned about appearances and I think that we ought to have
someone from a nonthreatening company in prominent positions.

I'm not campaigning for the job. I just want some procedures within OASIS
and xml.org that would stand up to public scrutiny.

bob