acxo message

Subject: URN resolution

Explanation of how system access to the repository will work in Sun implementation:

The OASIS Repository will support access to the repository by systems
using HTTP, e.g. a parser is validating a document and comes across a
reference to a DTD so it retrieves the DTD from the repository.  System
access is designed for machine to machine vs. human interaction.  RFC
2483 will be used as the model for implementing this feature.  RFC
2483 states:

4.3 I2R (URI to Resource)

          * Name: URI to Resource
          * Mnemonic: I2R
          * Number of Operands: 1
          * Type of Each Operand: First operand is a URI.
          * Format of Each Operand: First operand is encoded as a URI.
          * Algorithm: Opaque
          * Output: An instance of the resource named by the URI.
          * Errors:

        Malformed URI
        URI is syntactically valid but does not exist in any form.
        URI exists but there is no available output from this operation.
        URI existed in the past but nothing is currently known about it.
        Access denied

              * Security Considerations:

        Malicious Redirection (see I2L)
        Denial of Service (see I2L)

    This operation is used to return a single instance of the resource
    that is named by the URI. The format of the output is
    dependent on the resource itself.

As HTTP will be the protocol, MIME headers will be used to specify
information about the returned resource such as Content-type:.  Errors
will be mapped to HTTP result codes.  Security concerns will be addressed
by controlling access during the registration process.

Nagwa