acxo message

Subject: NOTES FROM 11 APRIL 2000 ACXO MEETING

The following are minutes taken at the 11 April 2000 meeting (a
concall) of the Advisory Committee of XML.ORG (ACXO).

Present:
 ACXO members:
   Documentum (Una Kearns)
   SoftQuad (Lauren Wood)
   IBM (Michael Weiner)
   Sun Microsystems (Simon Nicholson)
   CommerceOne (Bob Glushko)
 Others:
   Nagwa Abdelefour (Sun)
   Jon Bosak (Sun)

Absent:
   Chair - OASIS Executive Director (Laura Walker)
   GCA (Paul Conn)
   DataChannel (Norbert Mikula)

Note: Michael Weiner acted as Interim Chair for this meeting
in the absence of Laura Walker

AGENDA
1) Classification for RegRep
2) Oracle License
3) Logistics of 4/13 mtg.
4) Submission for XML Europe
5) Update on Hosting/Server
6) Contract discussions

NOTES

1) General Discussion was held regarding the classification
scheme that we would use for the RegRep.  We will have browsing
of the repository in the first release.  We discussed the pros
and cons of Dewey, NAICS and Open Text Directory. We decided to
continue the discussion at our meeting on Thursday.

AI - All check out www.dmoz.org

2) Currently Documentum sells Oracle on a per seat basis which is not
feasible for our RegRep purposes.

AI- Simon to respond to e-mail from Oracle regarding obtaining a copy
directly from them.

3) Una wanted to clarify how many people would be attending the meeting
on 4/13.

4) We need to submit a 500 word abstract to Pam Gennusa for the XML
Europe conference proceedings regarding the panel presentation on
RegRep.

AI- Una to send abstract to list for comments.

5) Documentum has an ASP program.  We are still waiting to set up a
meeting between Documentum, Laura Walker and Alan Hester.  Alan
is in Europe. Simon is getting a server for us.

AI- Nagwa to send Una specs and sizing of the number of concurrent
users.

6) Bob Glushko had a number of issues regarding the XML.org contract
especially procuring advertising for the site.

AI - Bob to send comments to the list
AI- Laura to send plain text version of the contract to the list.

Regards,

Michael

IBM Corporation - mweiner@us.ibm.com
www.ibm.com/xml