acxo message

Subject: RE: REGREP DRAFT PRESS RELEASE -- LATEST VERSION

Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:58:38 -0700
To: xmlorg@lists.oasis-open.org
From: Simon Nicholson <simonn@eng.sun.com>

Karl,
I have just been in a meeting discussing this very thing - we felt that
regrep could be interpreted as re-grep, making it a potential reference to
grep.  Our preference, at this early stage of introducing it into general
usage, is to use the "camel" form of RegRep.
Simon

At 17:15 01/06/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Should we punctuate regrep somehow to help with the pronunciation? By
>itself, "regrep" could be read as "ree-grep". How About "RegRep" (as much
as
>I dislike the funky capitalization) or "Reg/Rep" or ....?
>
></karl>

Simon Nicholson
Snr. Market Strategist
XML Technology Centre
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Tel:    +1 (650) 786 4238
Fax:    +1 (650) 786 5723
Email: simonn@eng.sun.com

Director - OASIS (Organisation for the Advancement of Structured
Information Systems)
Email: simon.nicholson@oasis-open.org