acxo message

Subject: IMPT: FIRST TEST RUN

Hi all -

I just ran through a test submission for PML and have the following
comments:

1. The request to become a submitter form was successful. The only action
item is for Walter to re-tweak the registry_admin email alias to route the
form data to Karl. For now, I just sent the request and moved on.

2. Walter hooked up the web-based admin interface for the Netscape server,
so we can add users to LDAP via the web. I was able to login to this
interface as admin and create a LDAP user for myself. Walter has the URL.

3. I then went back to the latest spash page, logged in (after waiting 5
minutes for DocBook to grab the login info from LDAP), and started the
submission process.

4. I created a new submission for the Portal Markup Language and proceeded
to fill out the form data. I saved the submission without any problems. To
further test the app, I tried to edit the form data, and was able to do so
without any problem. However, I noticed one thing: the info in the
Organization section did not appear and all I saw was the word "Temp" in
this area. I'm assuming that this is a database issue. Walter - can you
confirm this by looking in the DB for the DataChannel org info. There should
be data in every field for this section.

5. I proceeded to add the PML DTD as a registry item. No problem.

6. There are a few remaining issues related to the DB/form field size on the
form that appears for entering the metadata for the registry item. For
example, my job title was chopped off a bit. Other than that, everything
else worked as expected.

7. I then returned to the Submissions List and submitted the PML DTD for
review. Everything appears to be working as expected.

8. I haven't gone in as admin (as a matter of fact, what is the admin login
we (Karl) should use to approve/reject submissions? Is it the dmadmin login?
In any event, that's where I'm at right now.

9. One fairly big issue is the left margin nav bar on ALL of the pages I
accessed during the submission process. They are not "hot" - they all link
to the same page. I think this is an include file issue and should be
relatively easy to fix. All it should take is an update to the path to the
include file on all of the submission pages, forms, etc.

Other than that, things are looking up. Walter said he'd have the email
issue worked out by noon tomorrow, and now that the LDAP is working, we
should be able to continue testing, and eventually move on to the soft
launch.

I'm working on a document for Karl so he'll be able to take the form data
from the "Request to Become a Submitter" form and create the LDAP user
accounts. This should be a pretty straight forward process.

As far as the process for approving/rejecting submissions, Karl - do you
know how to do this? I remember there was talk of an admin help doc to
support this functionality. I do not have any such doc, so I'm wondering if
this also needs to be done.

I will be on the call tomorrow morning, but will have to run to catch my
plane around noon. I'll be up early tomorrow morning, so please email me if
you have any questions on my comments above.

I'll be on my cell phone and will check my email when I get to California.

Cell # 425.652.5694

--Brian