acxo message

Subject: accumulated Registry bugs

Here's a dump of email messages reporting bugs with the Registry. There's a
few misc messages, but here's the ones that I've seen more than once, or
know about personally:

- Documentum patch required (per Walter) so that special characters in the
metadata do not cause errors in checking into repository

- "Server did not start session..."

- Cannot submit using Netscape; screen fields are not visible. Must use IE.
(How about other browsers?)

In addition to those reported by users, here's some of my own:

- admin cannot reject requests to become submitter; Reject button exists but
doesn't work

- admin is not notified when new submissions are in the queue (requests to
become submitter *are* sent to admin, but not new submissions)

- admin cannot edit/modify submissions; only able to reject then ask the
person to start over and resubmit

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS
Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206
karl.best@oasis-open.org
http://www.oasis-open.org

Karl,

We  noticed that you approved a submission with a comma in it the
organization name. Please do not use the following characters for
submissions otherwise they will not be pushed out to the repository -

<>, &

Thanks,

Walter Parton

Karl,

    I am willing to resubmit.  But, I just tried to become a submitter by
clicking on that
button, the screen goes blank while three different URL flash by on the URL
line

(one is legal.html) and it ends up with the original looking login page but
with
a different URL:
http://registry.xml.org/RightSite/ssi4?operation=login&DOCBASE=xml_prod&logi
n_type=TIMED_OUT

Ed

Karl Best wrote:

> The XML.org Registry is a different registry than the one you submitted
to.
> We don't really have a good way of automating a migration from one to the
> other, and it would probably be better for you to just resubmit as that
way
> we will be consistent with other submissions and know that we have the
> latest.
>
> So, would you please just resubmit?
>
> </karl>
> Karl F. Best
> OASIS
> Director, Technical Operations
> 978.667.5115 x206
> karl.best@oasis-open.org
> http://www.oasis-open.org

Error Message:

Unable to log in.

"Server did not start session. Please see your system administrator or check
the server log. Error message from server was: "User (Nick Lilavois), with
OS User name (nicklilavois), has failed to connect to docbase (xml_prod) due
to bad login." "

Please try again.

interactive-media
Nick Lilavois
Senior Technologist, Orlando
http://www.or.interactive-media.com/users/nlilavois/
Interactive Media Corporation
12605 Challenger Parkway, Suite 130
Orlando, FL 32826-3256

Karl,

I have submitted my registration information.  There is a bug, however, with
your
registration page.  The form does not display all of the fields properly
with
Netscape 4.7 (on Win98).  In order to register I had to use IE5.01.

Dan

The XML.org Registry is a different registry than the one you submitted to.
We don't really have a good way of automating a migration from one to the
other, and it would probably be better for you to just resubmit as that way
we will be consistent with other submissions and know that we have the
latest.

So, would you please just resubmit?

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS
Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206
karl.best@oasis-open.org
http://www.oasis-open.org

I get the following:

Unable to log in.
"Server did not start session. Please see your system administrator or check
the server log. Error message from server was: "User (R. Alexander
Milowski), with OS User name (lexica), has failed to connect to docbase
(xml_prod) due to bad login." "

Alex Milowski                   (415) 477-3608
Chief Architect           amilowski@lexica.net

Karl,

I am not sure what you want us to do about this. It is clear that other
folks have been able to complete
a request to become a submitter. Have you tried walking this person through
the process?

Karl Best wrote:

> The XML.org Registry is a different registry than the one you submitted
to.
> We don't really have a good way of automating a migration from one to the
> other, and it would probably be better for you to just resubmit as that
way
> we will be consistent with other submissions and know that we have the
> latest.
>
> So, would you please just resubmit?
>
> </karl>
> Karl F. Best
> OASIS
> Director, Technical Operations
> 978.667.5115 x206
> karl.best@oasis-open.org
> http://www.oasis-open.org

Karl:

Thanks for the message.  I tried logging in just now, and I get the
following message:

"Server did not start session. Please see your system administrator or
check the server log. Error message from server was: "User (Sean Kelly),
with OS User name (kelly), has failed to connect to docbase (xml_prod) due
to bad login." "

I'm using the username and password I thought I signed up with, which
matches the one in the email from dmadmin@registry.xml.org.  Any ideas?

Take care,
--Sean