acxo message

Subject: Managing Editor-XML.ORG

Dear ACXO Representatives,

I am pleased to report that our search for a new Managing Editor-XML.ORG is
complete.

Fred Lucies brings to OASIS more than 20 years experience in editorial
management.  Fred comes to us from PC Connection (the country's 3rd largest
online computer products reseller), where he was Manager of Product
Information. His accomplishments include -- to name a few -- the development
of editorial processes, successful negotiation and management of
relationships with content providers, the formulation of award-winning
editorial policies, and the development of taxonomies and indexing systems.

Tempting Fred away from stock options and an employer who valued him highly
was no small task.  He is intrigued by the intellectual challenge that
XML.ORG offers, and has already begun discussions with Robin Cover. In fact,
Fred was able to arrange his schedule to participate in our staff meeting at
the OASIS offices earlier this week.  It is clear that Fred will make
immediate and substantial contributions to the future direction of XML.ORG.

Fred's first day will be 16 October. Contact information for Fred will be
distributed the week prior to his arrival.

In mid-November, Fred will attend a face-to-face meeting of the ACXO, at
which time he will seek feedback on his proposal for the evolution of
XML.ORG over the next 12 months.

Regards,
Laura

Laura Walker