acxo message

Subject: AW: Call for XML.org sponsors' meeting April 9

Jon,
basically I agree with your main goals for XML.ORG.
However I would like to have the opportunity to examine Leo's suggestions a
little bit more in detail - so far I did not get the promised material from
the recent phone conference.

Regarding participation, see my other mail. Sinisa Zimek can well represent
SAP out of Palo Alto Labs, which is close enough to San Jose.
Best regards - Franz Fritz

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: bosak@ort.Eng.Sun.COM [mailto:bosak@ort.Eng.Sun.COM]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. April 2001 05:44
An: laura.walker@oasis-open.org
Cc: una.kearns@documentum.com; mweiner@us.ibm.com;
acxo@lists.oasis-open.org; Fritz, Franz-Josef
Betreff: Re: Call for XML.org sponsors' meeting April 9

| I'll be in San Jose on the 17th, and will investigate the
| possibility of extending my stay through the 18th to participate
| in the meeting.  (I must be back on the east coast that night,
| though, so I'll have to take the last flight back at 12:40.)

I figured that the meeting would have to be in the morning so that
Franz-Josef could dial in.  If so, making a flight out in the
afternoon shouldn't be a problem.

| In my role as Chair, I'm happy to call the meeting, but need
| assistance with the agenda.  Or at least just a sense of the
| goal(s) of the meeting.

I think the agenda should be "What do we think of Leo's plan for
XML.org."

Sun's goals for XML.org are the same as when we proposed the idea
two years ago, namely:

   1. XML reg/rep

   2. Domain name for projects like SAX

   3. Possible URN resolver

I'm not seeing a reason to head in the direction that Leo has in
mind, but I want to hear what the other sponsors think.

Jon