amqp-comment message

Subject: Errata to AMQP 1.0 spec

Hello AMQP TC,

I found a couple of problems with the AMQP 1.0 spec as published
on amqp.org [1].  I was looking for a published errata but could
not find one.  I think it would be a good idea to publish such an
errata.

I was encouraged by Rob Godfrey (on IRC channel #qpid) to report
the issues to this email address.

Here are the issues I found:

 * In section 2.6 first paragraph: there is a duplicate
   word "idempotent".

 * In the same paragraph the following clarification of
   "idempotent" is provided:
     "Settling a delivery at a terminus is an idempotent
      idempotent (sic), i.e., a delivery can transition from
      unsettled to settled, but never the reverse."
   That is not what the word idempotent means.  Idempotent in
   this context would mean that you can settle a delivery at the
   terminus multiple times without adverse effects.  It is
   unclear whether
     a) it is really idempotent and the description (after
        the "i.e.") is just wrong or
     b) the description is correct and the idempotent is just the
        wrong word or
     c) it is idempotent and the following description is ALSO
        true.
   I suspect b) or c).

 * In section 3.5.4. Field details - address - second paragraph:
   it should say "target" instead of "source".

Kind regards,
LorenzQuack

[1] http://www.amqp.org/specification/1.0/amqp-org-download