amqp-ms message

Subject: Re: [amqp-ms] Comments on amqp.org pages

On 04/12/2012 07:21 PM, Ram Jeyaraman wrote:
As I mentioned at the previous AMQP Member Section Action Group meeting,
I reviewed the various pages on amqp.org. Here are my comments:

1) http://www.amqp.org/about/members: The members listed on this page
does not tally with the Member Section roster:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp-ms/members/roster.php?sort_field=c.comp_name&sort_type=ASC
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp-ms/members/roster.php?sort_field=c.comp_name&sort_type=ASC>.
Bank of America is no longer a member of the Member Section. Informatica
is not a member either.

2) Who is currently receiving the requests to join the Member Section
through the contact form: http://www.amqp.org/contact/? Shouldn’t it
point to the OASIS page: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/join?

3) http://www.amqp.org/node/61: Change “OASIS AMQP” to “OASIS AMQP
Member Section”.

4) http://www.amqp.org/node/62: The link to AMQP Member Section Steering
committee points to the member private page. It should instead point to
the public page:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=amqp-sc.

5) http://www.amqp.org/resources/specifications: Suggest changing the
text “this that page can be found” to something like: “this page can be
found”.

I suggest that we discuss this further in the Member Section Steering
Committee / Action Group and address the comments above ASAP.

I'll restate my concern that http://amqp.org/resources/specifications is very misleading. The 'state by October 2011' column was an aspiration of some individuals and was certainly never achieved.

There are some documents that make no sense to take forward to OASIS as they have now served their purpose e.g. testing suite and change management.

The rest have no official status whatsoever as far as I am concerned as there was never any vote or indication of consensus on them. (The exception there is the incomplete JMS mapping which if I recall correctly did make it to its first public review).

I think that page should simply be removed.