amqp-ms message

Subject: Re: [amqp-ms] Re: Reminder: Member Section Meeting (w/ Workshop Notes)

All

Regarding notes of last week's workshop.

In the next Steering Committee conference call (Matt will invite) it should be discussed which size is desirable for the future.
If the (potential) change of its size via the Rules of Procedure of the member section can not be done in time for this year's election ballot (which is most likely),
we can simply go the "TAB way" (the overall OASIS Technical Advisory Board), i.e. having less candidates for the ballot than seats are vacant or have to be reelected.

The wish list of TC deliverables: I think this is a fairly big list and I doubt that the aspired states of the documents are realistic for all of them in the timeframe of this year.
Just think of our current TC covering the core specification - seven months elapsed since its setup, we have started with content that was already finished and a document which just needed to be polished up a bit (and some conversion to OASIS standards); now we are at the beginning of the second public review; maybe we have a committee specification in July - this is already fast track because we had the content and the document ready for standardisation.

I think we should come down-to-earth and restrict the list for this year, i.e. it needs to be prioritised (like an agile backlog).

A single additional TC ("non-core") could deliver all future (non-core) specifications and notes (to keep administrative overhead low);
the core specification should stay in the existing TC for maintenance because its charter assures that the core protocol can not be changed easily by interest groups.

We could pick one item from each of the three areas (core extensions, APIs/mappings, transport binding)
and we should prioritise even this small set (we have just six months left). Here is my proposal:
1. JMS and WCF APIs (two notes or specifications, definitely needed for further adoption and user acceptance of the core standard)
2. distributed transactions (should help spreading AMQP implementations in complex backend application landscapes)
3. WebSocket / browser support (liaise with browser development? MS, Mozilla, Google, Opera)

Just some thoughts from my side for consideration ...

Andreas

Matthew Arrott <marrott@novgp.com>
Sent by: <amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>

30.05.2012 13:53

AMQP Member Section <amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[amqp-ms] Re: Reminder: Member Section Meeting (w/ Workshop Notes)

See attachment