amqp-ms message

Subject: Re: May be of interest: The RFP for the OOI Federated Messaging System was released last week

For clarification: Rob asked the following:

[The RFP] seems to say that AMQP 0.9.1 is required, and only that “Proposer shall describe their plans for support of AMQP 1.0 and the expected timing, path and costs (if known) to transition to an AMQP 1.0 solution.”

This is the correct reading. The selection process will depend on the proposal's answer to the migration path to 1.0. It was our assessment that we could not make AMQP 1.0 a hard requirement in advance of it being ratified (thus the softer wording).

From: Matthew Arrott <marrott@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:33:55 -0700
To: AMQP Member Section <amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>

All,

I believe a number of you aware the the program I manage, Ocean Observatory Initiative Cyberinfrastructure, has been working towards releasing an RFP for a federated messaging infrastructure that requires AMQP 1.0 and federation capabilities. The RFP was finally approved late last month and posted for bid last week. If interested the RFP is available at:

or

Many thanks to everyone for getting AMQP 1.0 to this point that we could realistically require it as core capability of the RFP.

Matthew