amqp-ms message

Subject: Re: [amqp-ms] ROP Change discussion Period

I would concur - we need to assure that we can get business done.

Looking back to the AMQP Working Group we had "steering group" of 6 firms, and getting quorum of 4 could occasionally be tricky even when there were many more people on the meeting.

This issue is exacerbated because we need the *right* person from a firm - given these leaders are usually in demand by their own businesses this can lead to challenges.

So I support Ram.
Cheers
John

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Ram Jeyaraman (MS OPEN TECH) <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com> wrote:

Her are my comments on the revised RoP [2]:

1.       Given the persistent problems we have had with the Steering Committee (SC) meetings reaching quorum, I strongly suggest reducing the size of the SC to 7 or 9 maximum. The size of 11 suggested in the revised RoP is likely NOT going to address the severe lack of attendance problems this SC is currently facing.

2.       Section 7 contains the phrase “As part of approving Committee Specification or Committee Note version of their deliverables”. There has been some confusion about what it actually means from the point of view of implementing it. I suggest rephrasing it as follows: “Prior to approving Committee Specification or Committee Note version of their deliverables.”.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Scott McGrath
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:03 AM
To: AMQP Member Section
Subject: [amqp-ms] ROP Change discussion Period

AMQPers,

Three members of your Member Section have requested a revision of the Rules of Procedure which govern activities in your Member Section. [1]  The ROP, with red-line changes is published for your review. [2]

The process for making such a change is described in Section 3.3 of the Member Section Policy [3] and provides a 30 day discussion period for you to discuss this proposal before we ask for your vote.

Please take advantage of this discussion period so you may be an informed voter in the upcoming special Majority ballot which will require 2/3 of all qualified electors to vote "yes" in order that this change is accepted.

Please send your comments to this AMQP Member Section mail list [4],

thanks for your involvement,

Scott...

--

[1]  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp-ms/email/archives/201206/msg00010.html