amqp-ms message

Subject: RE: Draft proposal for new AMQP Bindings and Mappings TC

I guess my questions on this (and the re-chartering of the “core” TC) are to what extent we can leave the charters more open ended. The proposed mappings and bindings TC charter attempts to be open to future work while defining the boundaries of “mappings” and “bindings”, but still appears to restrict the scope to a define set of bindings an mappings in some places “(JMS, WCF, SOAP, SCTP, and WebSockets bindings)”. This is further muddied by phrases such as “Out of scope: Any feature not mentioned in the Scope of Work section is deemed to be out of scope”, and “Once the TC has successfully produced the [explicitly listed] deliverables, the TC will enter into a maintenance mode”.

In order to avoid having to go through another expensive (in terms of time) rechartering process I would think that we would want to be explicit that these charters are somewhat more open ended (i.e. they admit the possibility of sub-committees and deliverables that we have not yet imagined, but that fall within the defined scope). Is there any barrier to us being explicit in this open ended nature?

-- Rob

From: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Arrott
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 3:29 PM
To: AMQP Member Section

All,

The following is a draft proposal for the second AMQP TC as discussed at the Newcastle Workshop and subsequent Member Section calls.

Many thanks to Rob, Angus and Ram for the efforts to put this draft in place. Comments are welcome. We hope to start the TC proposal process sometime next week so sooner is better than later.

Regards,

Matthew

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.