amqp-ms message

Subject: RE: [amqp-ms] Proposed charter for new AMQP Bindings and Mappings TC

Hi,

Thank Andreas.

This will be on the agenda for tomorrow member section meeting tomorrow.  Can I therefore enquire whether anyone has any additional comments they would like to make prior to the call?

Regards, Laurie

From: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Andreas.Moravec@deutsche-boerse.com
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:26 PM
To: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org

I have boiled down Gordon's suggested version and adapted it to the latest submitted charters for other OASIS TCs.

The reference to the IPR policy has been updated to the actual one (2012.06.21),
which is a minor clarification - see Scott's mail on 2012.05.22:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201205/msg00018.html
Here is my diff of the actual and the previous IPR policy versions:

Open are just:
- Do we want to list anticipated contributions (need to be publicly available)? [I propose to omit them since any document can be contributed after TC formation]
- The Convener
- Date of First Meeting
and finally the list of Proposers of the TC.

Any comments?

Lets discuss on next MS action group or Steering Committee call (Wednesday).

Andreas

<amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 01.08.2012 19:45:24:

> On 08/01/2012 03:43 PM, Godfrey, Robert X wrote:
> > I guess my questions on this (and the re-chartering of the “core” TC)
> > are to what extent we can leave the charters more open ended. The
> > proposed mappings and bindings TC charter attempts to be open to future
> > work while defining the boundaries of “mappings” and “bindings”, but
> > still appears to restrict the scope to a define set of bindings an
> > mappings in some places “(JMS, WCF, SOAP, SCTP, and WebSockets
> > bindings)”. This is further muddied by phrases such as “Out of scope:
> > Any feature not mentioned in the Scope of Work section is deemed to be
> > out of scope”, and “Once the TC has successfully produced the
> > [explicitly listed] deliverables, the TC will enter into a maintenance
> > mode”.
>
> I also think a more open ended charter is preferable; a clear
> description of the general category of work perhaps illustrated by - but
> not limited to - a couple of examples.
>
> It's more important to constrain the nature of the solutions (e.g. the
> use of standard extension registries, maintenance of semantics for the
> performatives defined in the core etc) than to provide a detailed scope
> up front.
>
> The work actually conducted will rightly be in those areas for which
> sufficient interest can be mustered to get proposals made and shepherded
> through discussion towards a vote.
>
> Just as a suggestion on approach, I've attached a modified version of
> the draft in which sections c and d are edited to make clear the more
> open scope. Section b is already very good I think. (Apologies if my
> editor has messed up the formatting in anyway!)
>
> [attachment "AMQP Bindings Technical Committee Charter
> DRAFT_v_0-01-1_gs.docx" deleted by Andreas Moravec/DBS/GDB]

Deutsche Börse AG
Chairman of the Supervisory Board/
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Joachim Faber
Executive Board/Vorstand:
Dr. Reto Francioni (Chief Executive Officer/Vorsitzender),
Andreas Preuss (Deputy Chief Executive Officer/
stellv. Vorsitzender), Frank Gerstenschläger,
Dr. Michael Kuhn, Gregor Pottmeyer, Jeffrey Tessler.
Aktiengesellschaft with registered seat in/mit Sitz in
Frankfurt am Main.
Commercial register/Handelsregister:
Local court/Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 32232.

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.