amqp-ms message

Subject: RE: [amqp-ms] AMQP F2F / Second Technical Workshop?

Hi Rob,

Is this an implementers-only conference or open to user firms as well?

Rgds,

Mark H Blair

CREDIT SUISSE

Information Technology | Messaging and Integration, KVPR 2

One Madison Avenue | 10010 New York | United States

Phone +1 212 325 1239 | Fax +1 212 325 8061 | Mobile +1 619 980 4601

mark.blair@credit-suisse.com | www.credit-suisse.com

From: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Godfrey, Robert X
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:40 AM
To: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org; amqp@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [amqp-ms] AMQP F2F / Second Technical Workshop?

Hi All,

at last week’s Member Section meeting we discussed the possibility of holding a second AMQP face to face this year.

As with the last Technical Workshop, the intent would be for this to be a meeting for those involved in AMQP, rather than a public facing event.  Separately the Member Section are looking at ways of promoting AMQP at various technical conferences during 2012, hopefully coinciding with the expected ratification of the Core AMQP Specification as an OASIS Standard.

At this point we are looking to establish the level of interest in attending an AMQP face to face, and if there is sufficient interest the optimal location and time.

Possible topics to be discussed could be:

Technical:

* Completion of the work begun in Newcastle on JMS Mapping, Distributed Transactions, Global Addressing, Resource Management to the point where these can be submitted to the appropriate TCs

* WebSockets Binding

* Interoperability tests, conformance testing

Non-technical:

* Improving the way we work within OASIS

* Group goals for 2013

Initial soundings suggest that the beginning of December would be the most likely time for such an event, and since the last event was held in the UK we should probably consider holding the next event in the US.

Can anyone who is interested in attending such an event let me know, and if anyone has any other topics that they wish to add to the list above, please do so.

Cheers,

Rob

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.