amqp-ms message

Subject: RE: [amqp-ms] Helping customers write AMQP compliance into their RFPs

Hi Carol,

My 2 cents…

I think the RFP-oriented info is a great idea. It could be very much simpler than the ODCA site, and connections to vendors could be little more than links to the discussed AMQP product directory. The directory, I think, is most beneficial to people who are ready (or close to) buy or are “window shopping”, and the RFP content for organizations that need to go through a more involved RFP process.

-Steve

From: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Carol Geyer
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 11:30 AM
To: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org

ODCA has an interesting online form that helps people who are writing RFPs.

http://www.opendatacenteralliance.org/ourwork/proposalengineassistant?option=com_rfptool&task=step1&Itemid=299&solution_type=ENTERPRISE

The form:
a) provides sample RFP verbiage

​b) identifies a list of vendors with products that comply with the

​ ​

specified models

​c) offers to connect the customer with the vendors

Would a variation on this be useful for driving demand for

​AMQP? Could we provide customers with text to ensure their RFPs specify AMQP ​

compliance?

If so, would the vendor referral mechanism be a

​n​

​ ​

alternative to

​the AMQP product directory we've been discussing? For one thing, it would be easier to maintain (we wouldn't be displaying specific product info).

Of course, if customers aren't having trouble including

​ ​

​MQP compliance in their RFPs now, then there's no need for something like this.

Just a thought,
Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen