amqp-ms message

Subject: RE: [amqp-ms] Possible AMQP Product Directory

Hi,

At today’s member section meeting we will be discussing AMQP product directories.

I therefore wanted to resend Carol’s email as this will be important information for the agenda item.

Regards, Laurie

From: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Carol Geyer
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 11:03 PM
To: amqp-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [amqp-ms] Possible AMQP Product Directory

On last week's AMQP Marketing call, we briefly discussed the idea of adding a Product Directory to the AMQP.org web site. There are many ways we could do this, depending on the level of functionality you want. A few examples to consider:

OASIS Emergency Interoperability Product Directory:
http://www.oasis-emergency.org/products

DITA XML.org Product Directory
http://dita.xml.org/products

In both cases, anyone can register for a username on the site and add a product listing. Submissions are moderated by the TC/MS. Entries may be viewed in alphabetical order or by using several filters defined by the TC/MS.

The Emergency directory allows Sponsors members to attach their logos. DITA includes a filter for products provided by any OASIS corporate member.

The challenges with any Product Directory is to get the vendors to submit entries and then to keep those entries current as companies merge and fold and product lines change. With UDDI (http://uddi.xml.org/products), we hired a consultant to add the initial content.

You may note that DITA XML.org also has a page, "List of organizations using DITA"
http://dita.xml.org/book/list-of-organizations-using-dita

This is a nice way to show the breadth of adoption--although of course, it's not a tool for helping people choose compliant products. It's a very simple layout--no filters, minimal descriptions.

These are just some examples of what we've done in the past. We can certainly create a product directory that suits the needs of AMQP. I'm happy to discuss further with the group.

Regards,

Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.