amqp-ms message

Subject: Re: Member Section Steering Committee election

Hi,

I would like to nominate myself as a candidate for the AMQP member section steering committee.

I have been involved with AMQP since 2008 when I joined the AMQP Working Group as Microsoft’s representative. Following the transition to OASIS, I served as a member of the AMQP Technical Committee, the AMQP Bindings and Mappings Technical Committee and the AMQP Member Section. I am one of the three editors of the AMQP 1.0 specification and have contributed to other related efforts including the emerging work on AMQP Management, JMS Mapping and Claims-based Security. I currently work at Red Hat where I lead the messaging engineering work and continue to drive AMQP 1.0 as the primary protocol for our products. I regularly speak about AMQP 1.0 and workshops and conferences. The Member Section has been relatively quiet recently but I would like to help reinvigorate the effort, specifically by creating a developer-oriented community for AMQP 1.0.

Thanks and best regards,

Dave.