Subject: RE: Agenda for AMQP TC meeting 2012.02.21

During the TC meeting on Feb 21st, as discussed earlier, we intend to approve Working Draft 07 version of the OASIS Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0 specification as Committee Specification Draft 01 and start 30 days of public review. We plan to do that using two separate motions [1] and [2] as described below.

The first motion [1] is to approve Working Draft 07 as Committee Specification Draft 01. The second motion [2] is to approve Committee Specification Draft 01 as Committee Specification Public Review Draft 01 and initiate for 30 days of public review.

To clarify, the TC may, over time, approve any number of Committee Specification Drafts. The particular Committee Specification Draft that is approved to go to public review is called a Committee Specification Public Review Draft. At this time, we intend to approve Committee Specification Draft 01 as Committee Specification Public Review Draft 01 and used it for public review.

If you have any questions about the various specification drafts (Working Draft 07, Committee Specification Draft 01, and Committee Specification Public Review Draft 01) or about the approval motions [1] [2] described below, please let us know straight away.

Next step: Please attend the TC meeting (details in the thread below) on Feb 21st so we can advance the AMQP 1.0 specification forward to public review!

Thank you.

[1] Text of motion to approve Committee Specification Draft

“I move to approve Working Draft 07 version of the OASIS Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0 specification and its associated files (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/download.php/45200/amqp-core-wd07.zip) as Committee Specification Draft 01 (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/download.php/45208/amqp-core-csd01.zip).”

[2] Text of motion to approve Committee Specification Public Review Draft and initiate 30 days of public review

“I move to approve Committee Specification Draft 01 version of the OASIS Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0 specification and its associated files (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/download.php/45208/amqp-core-csd01.zip) as Committee Specification Public Review Draft 01 (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/download.php/45209/amqp-core-csprd01.zip) and submit the Committee Specification Public Review Draft 01 (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/download.php/45209/amqp-core-csprd01.zip) for 30 days of review by the public and the following external stakeholders: dev@qpid.apache.org.”