Subject: Re: [amqp-ms] Re: [amqp] Request to add filters to public registry

So if I expose one node to MQTT and AMQP, say, I'd like to expose it with a restricted filter-set (the links for it can only support filters that match MQTT's primitive globbing). However, the same implementation might expose the same or other nodes over native AMQP, or other protocols, with a wider range of filters possible. And given that nothing prevents an implementation being nothing more than a scale-out proxy to behind the scenes 'things', there's nothing to say one impl == one running broker which has all the features needed within it. Indeed, such facades are quite likely with intelligent global routing...

So connection level properties aren't so useful here. And they certainly don't allow partial implementation of filter kinds, particularly by clients.

Raphael Cohn
Chief Architect, StormMQ
Secretary, OASIS AMQP Standard
raphael.cohn@StormMQ.com
StormMQ Limited

UK Office:
Gateshead int'l Business Centre, Mulgrave Terrace, Gateshead, NE8 1AN, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 845 3712 567

Registered office:
16 Anchor Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JY, United Kingdom
StormMQ Limited is Registered in England and Wales under Company Number 07175657
StormMQ.com