Subject: fyi: Wikipedia entry for AMQP updated to 1.0

As requested previousl via emails to this list and as discussed during last Wednesdays 'Action Group' call, I had an initial stab at updating the wikipedia page for AMQP 1.0 (plus a few minor edits for clarity or consistency).

I was unable to find a public link to the latest OASIS document under review, so I used the 1.0 specification as published on amqp.org (i.e. that on which the AMQP WG voted) in citations[1].

I've tried to keep it to a simple, fact-based summary of the key aspects of the specification to aid wider understanding (opinions and more subjective amplification can be referenced through external links).

This being wikipedia however, you (and indeed the world at large) are of course free to change anything you consider incorrect, misleading or confusing or to add missing information you feel is pertinent.

--Gordon

[1] Something to consider for the future is publishing an HTML version, which would make citations easier to follow through.