Subject: Re: [amqp] RE: notification of leave of absence from core and bindmap TCs

On 12/12/2012 06:15 PM, Ram Jeyaraman (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
Hi Gordon,

Every Voting Member of the TC is entitled to one Leave of Absence during any one twelve month period. A Voting Member who has already taken one Leave of Absence during any one twelve month period can apply for just one more Leave of Absence during the same twelve month period, but this needs to be formally approved by the TC.

I note that you have already taken one Leave of Absence in the last twelve month period (in July 2012). This means you may be able to take at most one Leave of Absence until July 2013. You can use it now or may choose to do it later. If you choose to proceed with your request below, the request needs to be formally approved by the TC (via a Simple Majority Vote).

The TC is currently in recess for the holiday period and won't be meeting until Jan 8th. Given the period of your intended Leave of Absence, even though you will miss the TC meeting on Jan 8th you can still maintain your voting rights as long as you are able to join the following TC meeting on Jan 22nd. That is, even if you don't apply for Leave of Absence, you can still maintain your voting right as long as you attend the TC meeting on Jan 22nd.

So, I suggest you consider how you like to use your remaining one Leave of Absence; use it now or later.

Let me know your preference.

My only reason for notifying you was to avoid my absence causing issues with quorum. (I vaguely recalled a request for such notification earlier last year).

I'm not sure what you did in my absence, but it is fine with me regardless.