Subject: TC meeting plans for rest of April

During the AMQP Member Section meeting today, it was suggested that non-voting members of this TC be given an opportunity to gain voting rights, before we conduct the Special Majority Ballot to approve advancing AMQP 1.0 through the international standardization process. In light of that, let us plan on meeting for ½ hour on April 23rd and April 30th at the usual start time @ 7am PT. We will conduct business as usual (technical matters, standardization process questions, etc.) during those meetings.

The TC calendar entry for those meetings are at:

·         April 23rd: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/event.php?event_id=34028

·         April 30th: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/event.php?event_id=34030

The agenda for those meetings will be published shortly. The Special Majority e-Ballot to approve advancing AMQP 1.0 through the international standardization process will run for 7 days and is expected to occur during April 30th through May 7th. After successful completion of this ballot, we will request the AMQP Member Section Steering Committee to approve this and submit the request to OASIS.

The TC roster contains a list of all members of this TC (including voting and non-voting members): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/amqp/members/roster.php. Please use this roster to reach out to members and alert them about the work ahead of us.

Rob and I encourage you all to attend the aforementioned TC meetings so you may maintain or gain voting rights which in turn will enable you to vote during the special majority ballot cited above. Remember, if you don’t attend 2 consecutive meetings you will lose voting rights, and you will need to attend 2 consecutive meetings to regain voting rights. Please us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.