Subject: Re: [amqp] Addressing Presentation

On 04/30/2013 02:57 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
I've attached a PDF version in case people don't have access to google
docs.

I am not at all keen on the address syntax proposed in this presentation. I much prefer a basic form of name@domain, where the domain is optional. I believe it is simpler and more intuitive.

I accept the three 'categories' of address though I don't think 'dns v. non-dns' is the right distinction between the first two. I see the second category as a special case where the address is only reachable when the receiver establishes the necessary link(s) itself.

I suggest such addresses be identified by having a domain that starts with (or indeed consists solely of) the '!' character, e.g. name@!domain. Since domain will be a common configuration option, I think this will likely give valuable flexibility in deployment.

--Gordon.